Dear Florida, really?

As I approach a year and a half of living in the “sunshine state“* I have begun to take notice of certain idiosyncrasies** of the people in this state.  Just some habits that tend to make me want to put my head through my windshield.***  Since my previous post was long and tedious and I’m pretty sure most of you just skimmed***** it seemed appropriate that I don’t bore your short attention span with anything but quick cynical statements.******

Dear Florida,

Really, it rains here about 8 of the 12 months of the year and yet you drivers still can’t seem to figure out how to drive when it rains?  Its like you see a few drops come down and decide to stay in for the day unless you absolutely have to leave the house.  Then when you decide to get on the road you drive like you forgot how to drive going 30 over the speed limit with no lights on.  I’m assuming you’re just driving with your eyes closed hoping, praying that you get to your destination on time.  Or you drive like you’re a 14 year old teenager stealing Mom and Dad’s Hyundai for a joy ride around town but you don’t wanna get caught.*******  Either way deal with it, its rain, I constantly thank the good Lord that it doesn’t snow down here, who knows how many pile ups there would be, really.

Your turn signal is your friend, feel free to use it when you decide to change lanes, or when you plan on turning.  Really, I’ve never seen people have such problems with signaling when they decide to cross over 3 lanes of traffic going 60 to try to make it to that exit ramp they had at least a mile and half to get over to.  Oddly enough in this wonderful state, there are those who keep their turn signal on the entire time.  Really, which is a baffle to me because most cars have an automatic shut off for the turn signal when it turns.  It seems like as soon as you put that Florida license plate all driving knowledge that was there previously, instantly vanishes.   Really, Florida drivers, get it together.

Your concerned friend,

The Cobbgoblin

That’s all for today.*******

__________________________

* I like to think that the yellow and orange and such is SUN!

** Wowsers The Cobbgoblin, that’s a pretty big smart word!****

*** No biggie right?

**** Thank you

***** Or started pointing out my grammatical errors… Slugger

****** Because really, I do this all for you.  That’s right I’m talking to all 5 of you readers out there.

******* Ah to be young again

******** Might be a little PG for young eyes, I mean, I had to look away

2 Responses to “Dear Florida, really?”

1. Tyson F. Gautreaux Says:

Finally, an issue that I am passionate about. I have looked for writing of this caliber for the last several hours. Your blog is greatly appreciated.

2. we are MIAMIZINE the number one party spot online;a South florida based magazine that focuses on the entertainment industry and the night life scene.In this magazine the catergories will cover:artists, models, entrepreneurs, Restaurants, and a few hot spo Says:

we are MIAMIZINE the number one party spot online;a South florida based magazine that focuses on the entertainment industry and the night life scene.In this magazine the catergories will cover:artists, models, entrepreneurs, Restaurants, and a few ho…

[…]The Cobbgoblin speaks His Mind » Blog Archive » Dear Florida, really?[…]…